Ms Holmes is a 4-time member of the U.S. Paralympic Team in Track & Field (T44 100m, 200m & Long Jump) having competed at Athens 2004, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016.
During her international career representing Team USA, she has won a Paralympic Gold and 2 Bronze medals, 2 IPC Paralympic World Championship Golds and 2 Bronze in outdoor competition as well as IPC Paralympic World Championship Indoor Silver medal.
On a domestic front, April has won 34 U.S. National Championships in the 100m, 200m and Long Jump since 2002.
In her career, April has held 14 World Records including the T44 100m that held for 10 years (2006-2016). She still holds the American records in the 100m, 200m 400m and Long Jump.
April is a graduate of Norfolk State University with a degree in Mass Communications and earned a MBA in Marketing from the University of Phoenix.
During her career, April has earned the following accolades:
• 2015 NCAA Inspiration Award
• 2012 National Urban League “Woman of Power”
• 2009 Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsperson of the Year with a disability nominee
• 2006 Amateur Athletic Foundation of Los Angeles, Fast Woman of the Year
• 2004 USOC Spirit Award
• Named by the International Paralympic Committee “Top 10 Women in Paralympic Sport”
• CIAA Hall of Fame
• Black College Alumni Hall of Fame
• Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
Outside of the track, April created The April Holmes Foundation, opening avenues that will prevent those with disabilities from being handicapped. She has also been an ambassador for Classroom Champions, First Lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign and the U.S. Anti Doping Agency.
April lives and trains in the greater Orlando area.